1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help with Tow rig setup choices

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by 97svtsnake, Feb 3, 2013.

1. 97svtsnake

The vehicle

07 Lincoln Mark LT

Engine 3v 5.4 9.8.1 cpr

Automatic

Gears i think they are 3.73s but maybe 3.55

Goal to make this a badass turbo tow rig with monster low end tq for pulling the trailer

Questions

1) Keep the stock manifolds and have them extrude honed exterior coated or Run obx longtubes to feed the turbo
    2) Keep the 4 stock cats or get two magnaflow three inch high flow cats
    3) Leave the exhaust which looks to be 2.25 dual into a Y or Upsize it all to three inch and merge those right at the Turbo
    4) The rear of the turbo is a .84 a/r t4 setup which i thought about adding a QSV to it to further increase bottom end.
    5) Is there any after market 5.4 3V intake out there or do i need to get my paper out and start drawing.

2. 97svtsnake

oh and this is my first VVT engine setup also.

3. 99TTGT

pics of the engine bay?

4. 97svtsnake

it's a stock lincoln mark lt so any basic 5.4 3v engine bay would be a good example sorry i dont have pics

5. Brain_Mach1

If you use OBX long tubes, you can't use your factory y-pipe with the 4 cats. One decision answers the other question.

Where are you planning to put the turbos? This will determine a lot about what manifolds you will use.

For intake manifold, you are stuck with factory or sheet metal. I wonder if Whipple would sell an intercom led manifold separate from a kit? I have a Whipple for a 5.4 3V and the manifold would just need a hat built.

6. 99TTGT

for a 5.4 this is the turbo you are going to need.The ci is the big player in this cobination
    Is all about blending the right parts
    the gear ratio need to be 3.27 or 3.31's

6769s
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  7. 97svtsnake

i think i may have misworded my question which has better potential Ported coated stock manifolds that hold heat and will transfer it better or OBX headers feeding the turbo which will flow better but now carry the same amount of heat

8. 99TTGT

just keep the oem manifolds
    they will support 1000rwhp the way they are..

9. Buford2v

Any chance I can recommend selling it and buying a 7.3 diesel Excursion?

10. 97svtsnake

only if you have one

11. MyLittlePwny

He does lol

12. Buford2v

13. 97svtsnake

think i'm going to do a 62mm single

14. Stoichiometric

Keep the stock manifolds. I wouldn't bother with the quick spool valve, the trailer should provide plenty of load to help build boost.