1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

old 302

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by oms4life, May 6, 2007.

1. oms4life

hey guys my boy just got an old 302 for free that hes gonna build. Before we ripped it apart the crank wouldn't turn at all. We were thinking that it could be siezed. But as soon as we got the heads off the crank would turn. Any reason for this? :huh:

2. testchimp

I would think either the valve guides are siezed, or it had enough carbon in it the combustion chambers to stop the pistons. I know the carbon thing sounds strange, but my 5.0 would only turn over so far then stop. I pulled the heads of and then tons of carbon came out , then it turned freely. The strange thing is the engine ran great when it was pulled? I think water got in it and made the carbon release from the internals? very odd things can happen.