1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

O/D size on a Log?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Escapemobile, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Escapemobile

What do you think about 1-3/4"OD primaries, and a 2-1/2" OD on the log itself? It makes sence to me to make the Log 2-1/2" since that's how large the collector is on my long tube headers.

So, for a single setup, I'd run a 2-1/2" cross over tube as well, and a 3" down tube.

Any opinions?

2. Fast Eddy

I built my logs with 1-3/4 ID and 2-1/2 ID for my 455 Pontiac. But I haven't run the car yet. I used a 2-1/2 cross over and my TV75 has a 5" downpipe

3. Escapemobile

:D those are BEEFY! A nice job too, I might add! I think those dimensions will work for a 302, since the crossover tube/left header will taper down into a T4 flange for a T-62ish hair drier. I'll get all of my velocity from that merge point.

I could be wrong though... :angel:

But I DO think the bigger size on the Log will cut down on hot spots, and I'll try to use bends on the primaries in the direction of flow to keep turbulance down as well. Also, I could neck down the crossover tube to a 2" piece to kick velocity up a bit, but I'm trying to find out what other people think, as well as comparing against commercial stuff.

I wanna' build something that will grow with larger tubos, as I continue to blow major coin on this stuff... :eek: It could be worse. I could blow it all on Crack. :D

4. twofast

i'm running 1.625" pri, 2.5" log, 2.5" crossover on my setup. seems to work ok.