1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help Me With My Racing C4: Filter Extension for Deep Pan

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by JonandJoey, Nov 3, 2016.

1. JonandJoey

I'm installing a B&M deep oil pan on my racing C4: Manual-only setup, reverse valve body with a trans brake. In the installation instructions, it talks about the spring and check valve that should be installed behind the filter. "DO NOT LOSE IT." When I dropped the filter, there was no spring or check valve. Also, there was a gasket on filter, between it and the valve body, but none in the new oil pan kit. I went to an auto parts store and looked at a new oil filter kit, and there was no gasket in it either.

-Is the check valve necessary? Should I go buy a trans rebuild kit just to get one?

-Do I need a gasket between the new filter extension and valve body? Should I run a bead of hi-temp around the sealing surface before installing it?

Trans filter.jpg #ad

2. Disney Lincoln

I would want the gasket. NEVER use silicone in a trans!!!!!

3. JonandJoey

Thanks. I will get out the Xacto and cut myself one.