1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Right A/R? for remote mount 6.6

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 406vette, Aug 29, 2008.

1. 406vette

I've just put a remote mounted Master Power gt45 , with a 1.05 A/R turbine on my c4 Vette. I'm running a 406 (6.6L) and have covered one side of the divided t4 flange making it a .52 A/R. It spools plenty fast, so I'm wondering if I should uncover the other side of the flange though a 1.05 ar sounds big for a remote with long tube headers and no wrap. I'm only looking for 650-700 fly wheel hp around 5500 rpm (na peaks 5400-5500) due to injector limitations.

2. 406vette

No opinions? I have noticed in searches that 85% of remote mount questions get no responce. The bias is understandable as the they do get inferior results but the lack of freindlyness isn't. You try putting a big turbo under the hood of a c4 and keep your air conditioning and wheel wells and not put it through the hood. You cant. Besides, with 406 ci making 410hp 440ft NA on the street I dont need an optimal set up. Just looking for some pactical experience that no one seems to have or is willing to give.

3. TeeJay

If you try this you're going to need to keep the heat in your exhaust system pre-turbine. In other words, wrap and coat your headers well to get the most out of your long run to the turbine housing. 1.05ar is on the large side but I think it could work for you. Expect your spool time to be affected pretty significantly.