1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help me with FITECH initial setup

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by kris396ss, Dec 14, 2018.

1. kris396ss

Hey guys, I have a FITECH 1200 on my boosted 340 (procharged, not turbo, sorry...but all the knowledgeable guys seem to be here lol). I had it all running for a while on E85 but never really got it quite right. I'm switching back to pump 93 octane now for a multitude of different reasons, ultimately it's just more convenient for me.

Anyway, I wanted to start from scratch on the tune. I could just wing it like I did before, but I'd love to see what guys more experienced than I recommend for the fuel/timing targets for idle, cruise and WOT, start up parameters etc... Any advice on setting this up for gasoline would be much appreciated!

Here are the specs of the setup:
    340 SBM bored .030 over, W2 iron 'econo' heads (flow about 295cfm), indy single plane, heads studs, MLS gaskets
    forged pistons, rods, crank
    C/R about 9.2:1
    .609/.609, 242/246 112LSA solid roller
    MSD 6al, pro billet locked out,
    timing curve controlled by fitech.

Intercooled procharger at about 7.5PSI boost.
    NGK BKR7E as recommended by NGK tech

Any help is appreciated!

2. rdakota340

Just set the parameters like before and let it learn I have my 7531 MSD box controls my timing, Have logged any data yet.

3. Bluest1

Get it running then fine tune from there. Let it self learn then you can get creative with it.

rdakota340 likes this.