1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help me spec out turbo and fuel system please...

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by lowboost2v, May 13, 2013.

1. lowboost2v

Going to be taking the little 2v to the next level and having troubles really deciding what I'll need to get there. Please no 4v comments. It's staying a 2v car even though the 4v route would be better but I have a lot invested in this 2v build already.

Motor is going to be a...

.20 over 1996 Teksid block
    coated Diamond pistons
    manley h beam rods
    Kellogg crank
    ARP through out
    Melling oil pump
    TFS heads(stock port)
    custom Bullet cams
    ported Eddy intake with 6061 upper or big custom sheet metal for more volume(from what I learned on that thread)
    built 4r70w with either a Circle D or UCC converter with a brake
    28in tires
    looking for compression about 9.8:1 to 10.2:1
    93 octane with boost referenced meth injection

My goal is 850rwhp...My questions are what size turbo? I am a Precision fan and would like to stay with them. I am afraid their CEA 7675 t4 .96AR wont get me there...but they dont offer a non ball bearing 8xmm turbo or one without a GT47 cover. I called them and that's all the choices I have to pick from though. I don't feel I need to spend the extra money for dual balling...that money can be better spent elsewhere. So that leaves me with the CEA 8284 t4 .96AR turbo with the GT47 cover...would that be a good choice?

Then the next question is fuel...

I am stuck between the Glenns back half Fore Innovations duel 405lph pump combo with the GP 03/04 cobra tank...I will need to get rails, regulator, lines, ect...or the Glenns 2 walbro or 3 walbro external pump combo...I'll still need rails for that one too.

Any help would be great!

Thanks TTF,

2. 99TTGT

Turbo

PTE's PT7675 Turbocharger features the following:
    • Exclusive CEA® (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheel machined from a 2618-aluminum forging
    • Higher efficiency and faster transient response for maximum power and performance
    • 76mm inducer compressor wheel
    • Compressor cover options:
    - "H" compressor cover 4.0" inlet/3.00" outlet
    - "Ported H" compressor cover 4.0" inlet/3.00" outlet
    • 75mm, 84 trim turbine wheel
    • Turbine housing options:
    - T4 Tangential .81, or .96 A/R with 3 5/8" V-Band discharge
    • Available with either a Hydrodynamic 360° thrust bearing system, or an Air-cooled, dual ceramic ball-bearing center housing rotating assembly (CHRA)

or

PTE's PT8847 Turbocharger features the following:
    • 88mm inducer compressor wheel
    • Compressor cover options:
    - "H" compressor cover 4.0" inlet/3.00" outlet
    • 84mm, 82 trim turbine wheel
    • Turbine housing options:
    - T4 Tangential .96 A/R with 4 3/8" V-Band discharge
    • Hydrodynamic 360° thrust bearing system

for fuel
    Fore Precision tripple hat

( no bullshit here, nothing to fab up>

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

3. lowboost2v

Thanks,,Randy isn't it?

You think the dual 405 pump with a -10 feed then -8 to each fuel rail then -8 return will be good?

4. lowboost2v

Fore Precision is out of business but now it's Fore Innovations. The dual 405 pumps are like 1200 rated depending on feed and return lines I think...

Im afraid the PTE CEA 7675 wont get me to 850rwhp with the 4.6 2v auto...

5. 99TTGT

on fuel
    we put 3 pumps in there and is good up to 1000rwhp
    you can use any pump that you like as long as it fits, we done it many times...

potato,patatoes same thing different name

http://www.divisionxperformance.com/

Get the 88mmurbo & be done with it

6. lowboost2v

Ok...Thank you sir. It will give me room to grow too if I wanna push it more...the 88mm that is..

Now can I run a Pro-EFI setup but still have it pass emissions? I ask b.c I dont know what rpms I'll need and I don't have a lot of faith in the stock ECU at that point

7. 99TTGT

exactly.!
    no need to over due ....

8. lowboost2v

no need to over due what? The ECU stuff?

9. 99TTGT

the fuel system...

10. lowboost2v

Oh yeah...I have always heard you cant over due a fuel system...you know within reason of course!

I think I might pick up the DivisionX 1200rwhp fuel system. That way the fuel and turbo match hp ratings...seems to make sense.

11. turbo2vmike

I like your build! I'm currently building my 2v turbo as well. I'll be following along.

Have you thought about keeping the stock ECU and using the MSD mod6 to control spark issues above 7200 on the stock ecu? I'm looking into this as well cause its going to determine my turbo selection. Lets face it, there's no reason to use a big turbo and only be able to spin it to 7200 rpm using only half of what an 88 could can put out. Hell that's not using all of a 76mm I don't think.

12. lowboost2v

I have thought about a setup with pro efi and big stuff 3. I haven't seen much on the msd stuff.

I may look into billet I beams and ported TFS heads too. After talking to a friend I think I'm gonna go with the PTE CEA 8284 t4 .96ar turbo. I want to do it once and do it right and if I decide to get crazy I don't have to go back into the motor, fuel or trans. A 76mm is a badass turbo but it looks like it takes 25+psi to really make power out of it with a 2v. If I can spin to 7500 to 7700 I think the 82mm will do great with the right fuel.

13. turbo2vmike

I'm a total newbie to turbos. I might look into the 82mm as well if I can find out a cost effective way to use either stock ecu or maybe a Mach 1 ecu. I'm just scared of only having a dyno queen that only runs okay when I could use a smaller setup and use all my rpms.

I have however built several 2v motors. My advise is to totally build it and not lack on anything. Cause In my experience it gets old changing setups just because I was trying to make something work. Like I was considering using my blower cams but I think I'm going to go with some turbo cams.

14. lowboost2v

I hear ya man...I want to build something "indestructible" for my needs. Might cost 2k more but if thats means not ripping the engine apart again I'll be saving money. I don't think a Mach1 ECU will help very much...depending on your HP and RPM needs/wants. I think we will need help from an outside source. It's a lot saver that way. I refuse to have a dyno queen. You can get it to work. There are meaner cars than ours on the streets and they do just fine. It's just time/money/ and getting the right setup.

15. punched 281

I read up on this hat a little and I really like it. I went to the website and says that everything is $0.00. Not in business anymore?

16. lowboost2v

Go on lethal performances site

17. 99TTGT

18. punched 281

I found it on lethal, thanks for the link.

19. B00ST00

Your going to need 80mm+ for 850 thru an auto. I made 720 @ 22# thru a c4 on e85 with a precision billet wheel 76. Going back up in the next couple weeks with 105's and a boost a spark shooting for 800. Expect the turbo to be done at or before 800whp. On a side note I run a weldon 2015 pump (loud) but ive had great luck with it! Good luck with your set up!

20. lowboost2v

Thank you Boost00

i think I'm gonna run the PTE CEA 8284...with the divisionX 1200rwhp fuel system. I don't see me ever maxing that turbo out.

Can anyone tell me if its beneficial to get the bronze valve guides over the stock ductile ones in the TFS heads. I am just going to port them anyways.