1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help me join the pack of running TurboMustangs PLEASE :)

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 1994snake, Apr 2, 2007.

1. 1994snake

I am getting ready to once again attempt to make a running Turbomustang.
    Car is simple.
    94 mustang cobra, t64E turbo, AEM EMS, Single AEM UEGO, 3.5 Bar AEM MAP, 60 SD Injectors.

Attached is my first Cal I will be trying to use today. If anyone could suggest anything regarding this Cal and any adjustments I should make please do not hesitate to let me know. Would it be advised to Log the run from the moment I put the key it to get a log of everything and which parameters should be logged to do this effectively.

Thanks
    Rick
    This content is protected

Attached Files:

2. 1994snake

3. stroker351

Try this site out!!! Stangtuning.com they helped me out alot!!! :2thumbs:

Hope that helps

John

4. blacksaleen95

5. 1994snake

Anyone know of a good AEM tuner in WI?

6. 1994snake

7. blacksaleen95

how'd that tune work out that I gave you? I see in your Cal file that you showed everyone you just have a stock CAL, that WILL NOT WORK iwth your setuip. You didn't setup for your injectors or anything. I set the tune up that I sent specifically for your setup. Upload it to your AEM and let me know how it goes.

8. 1994snake

That cal I sent has 60's for injectors. The Cal you sent would not start or run and my MSD was blinking away. This Cal I used Sync'd up, No blinky MSD and ran piggy rich but ran. I am not sure of the problem with original cal given. Maybe I will try again. Do I need to sync timing for each cal or does the ems only need sync once.

9. blacksaleen95

you should resync, but you can go to ign phasing options and copy the ign sync value in your file and put it into the file I gave. Also, all you did with the file you have posted is change the injector offset, you did not rescale the stock fuel map for those 60lb injectors, thast why it's running fat. You also didn't copy the stock map (vac areas through 0 psi) and paste it to the correct cells after you setup the map sensor. You will be much better off using the file I sent, it runs fine on my car, and all I did was set it up for what you had on your car. It will be much closer than what you are trying to use. take some logs of the car when it starts and when it's idling. Does my tune start if you manipulate the throttle at all?

10. 1994snake

I will try it out again this weekend. I am going to have Bob Kurgan tune it in a few weeks. That way it will be on a loaded dyno and such and should be perfect.

11. 1994snake

Looks like I found the man for the Job. Bob Kurgan who came highly recommended to me by Scott originally is going to be doing the tune for me in a few weeks or so. I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks for taking the time to read my posts and give the advice you have given.

www.kurganmotorsports.com

12. blacksaleen95

I've also heard great things about bob. Good luck!!!