1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help me decide....357w.....Garrett T76 vs Turbonetics t76 vs Precision gt42-76

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ls1killr, Nov 30, 2009.

1. ls1killr

Looking to get some opinions and ideas about what turbo to buy for new build...

Keep in mind I plan to run our local street radial 275 class which requires a max turbo size of t76. The combo is a fairly mild 357w, hyd roller setup, ported 185's, vict jr intake, fast xfi, using either a glide or a c4. I am shooting for 700-800rwhp and also leaving me some room to grow.

Here are the 3 turbos that I am looking at

Garrett T76 Turbo from HP kit - small frame - .96ar on the exhaust

vs

Turbonetics T76 Mid frame turbo - 1.14 ar

vs

Precision Gt42 T76 Mid fram turbo - .96ar

I am leaning towards the mid fram Precision or turbonetics, just b/c I am concerned about exhaust back pressure with the smaller garret housing. If someone would help me decide and give some opionions it willl be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jeremy

2. svooh

The GT42 w/ 76mm compressor is an absolute beast and should out-power those others. It is basically the same as a GT4202 Garrett unit (74mm) but with slightly larger comp wheel. 800hp is not out of the question.
    (Precision isn't the only place who can do those btw.)

Another option with a bit faster response would be a 76mm with GTQ turbine wheel. We've seen them do well on 351W engines but figure mid 700hp range with that size motor though..