1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Bht3b---- anyone know anything about it?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Zio, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Zio

Hey guys a friend of mine found a government auction with cheap brand new holset bh3tb turbos. Part number is 3803279. I can not find an info on there size besides that they were on cummins engines. I am looking to put one or two (depending on size) on a 6.0 ls. Would these work? What are the specs?

Thanks for the help
    Tom

2. patl

You might spin just one. These have pretty large turbine housings. The compressor is somewhere around 76mm if I remember correctly. I have heard IF you can find a 20cm housing these can work well.
    I have one I've been messing around with with but no success. I got a 22cm i'm gonna try next. I've seen a couple others on here making them work. There was a old poncho running 2 ht3's rear mount with a large inch motor and a big inch stang that made around 800rwhp with one.

3. Zio

Thanks for the info. Anyone else?

4. HOTMOPR

I had one on my old dodge diesel. They make a decent bottom turbo in a compound set up for the 5.9 cummins. The one I had was 72 mm IIRC.. As for gas use I have no idea..