1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

spray bomb trim pices can i buff and wax?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by 88stangbanger, Jun 12, 2009.

1. 88stangbanger

i spray bomed a few trim pices for my f150( roush hood scoop) and the color match is dead on but i have the spray lines still on it. is it possible to buff and wax those out or anything i can do? thanks for the help.

2. botietr

What type of paint is it?most spray bombs can't be sanded and buff,but you may be able to lightly buff it.what color is it? and is it a solid color or metallic?

3. 88stangbanger

duplicolor storm gray, what causes that strip pattern it left? did i spray to close?

4. stangman9897

No you can not buff it . The lines are from spraying to dry, spray bombs dry very fast you have to keep it wet and fast. A shop wouldn't haved charged that much to paint a hood scoop.

5. Krwy

I sprayed my front '94 Cobra after it was tagged by an old man in an S10. I used DupliColor spray cans, cleared it, then knocked it down with 1500 and buffed it out. Looked great, you wouldn't have known it was spray painted if I told you. I did the same thing to the fender when some violent bird shit tore the clear up.

6. mayer5oh

yea, just wet sand it with at least 600, clear and repeat

7. 88stangbanger

ill try that out the wet sanding and then clear.