1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

help lost 14mph last night

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by 96b.boy, Jun 14, 2009.

1. 96b.boy

i was goiing 11.9@114 before i went 13.9@100 last night . a/f was perfect the whole run, car idels fine ,fluids were they need to be ,oil press perfect. going to comp and leak down test her monday . but 99% sure it will come out fine .i had a hard time even doing a second gear burn out last night ...it'd hit boost and not even spin at all 2 out of 3 runs so. making me think the convertor is taking a dive or transmissions is sliping .it is a c4 with a tci 3500 stall . could a trans going cause such a huge drop ?am i looking in the rite places ? please help

2. turbofreek

if you can break what you typed into complete sentences i could decipher a bit better what happened. :2thumbs:

3. 96b.boy

my bad still a little sleepy :doh:

4. Bellman Jeff

If your engine rpms are shooting up and it doesn't feel like it's putting power to the ground.. Your transmission could be slipping badly..

If the car feels like it's leaving in second gear, and doesn't rpm like it should.. Your converters sprag could be broken..

5. 96b.boy

If the car feels like it's leaving in second gear, and doesn't rpm like it should.. Your converters sprag could be broken..
    thats exactly what it feels like. 2nd feels like 3rd it pulling but no were near what it should be almost like there a trailer behind her