1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

FAST question

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Bullitt Beast, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Bullitt Beast

I'm ordering a new laptop computer to use with my FAST sytem I'm ordering for my Bullitt race car. What type of connection to the PC does the FAST use? Is it a serial port, USB, etc? Want to make sure my laptop can hook up :)

2. 86svo

Serial port,maybe you can get some type of usb to serial port adapter.

Tim

3. turbo_bu

If at all possible make sure and GET the serial connector. Otherwise you get to play guess and check to see if the USB to serial adapter works with your laptop :pist:

4. 1idjak

i had to use an adapter. no problems so far.

5. jbcalhoun

If you can, get a computer with a serial port and windows 98. You won't have any issues!
    Have another newer laptop with xp and using a usb/serial adapter. Works ok with the fast computer, but always seems to have problems communicating with the external data logger.

Brad Calhoun

6. juicdstang

fast sells a USB to serial port adapter that they guarantee will work for like 45.00. i had to order on my self. i tried three different ones from best buy none of them worked..

7. jbcalhoun

Guess I'll get one too. Thanks
    Brad

8. Mikes88Stang

look for my post about the IOGEAR one from best buy. It has worked flawlessly for me.

9. Turbo-Box

I might have to try that. I can't get my new laptop with windows XP to communicate with my ECU. I have the USB to serial adapter, and it worked great on my old computer. But with my new one I have like 3 USB ports and I can't get it to communicate at all, no matter which one I use....