1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help Identify This Turbo / Where I can buy a flange

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by killacal, Apr 17, 2016.

1. killacal

Can someone help me identify this turbo and if/where anyone sells some flanges for it? I'm planning to put this thing on my 89' notch... hopefully next weekend, I'll post that in a separate thread.

The turbo is a Garrett P/N is 23528031 w/ a S/N of LCM38681... best I can tell is it came from a Detroit diesel truck.

Turbo1.jpg #ad

Turbo2.jpg #ad

Turbo3.jpg #ad

Turbo1.jpg #ad

Turbo2.jpg #ad

Turbo3.jpg #ad

2. turbomalibuwagon

Should be a t6 flange. That would be a gt42 94 it's 68mm inducer. Compressor

3. killacal

Thanks, I should have mentioned it's smaller than a T6 and Larger than a T4. I forget the exact dimensions, but bolt hole to bolt hole is like a 1/2-3/4" bigger than a T4.

4. turbomalibuwagon

Oh that's that odd ball . I call it t5 but I don't know exactly if that's what it's called.

5. killacal

Yea, that's kind of where i am... I'll try to take some measurements tomorrow. If I can't find one, I'll just make one.

6. jlbayes

cummins liked to use a weird flange size, t4i. just slightly larger than a standard t4.

7. killacal

I ended up finding out that this is a Garrett "Large Frame Diesel Divided" turbo flange. I found some guy on eBay that sold them, gave him a call and able to buy it direct from him and confirm dimensions. I'll post the company name when I get the confirmation email.

8. killacal

Update: The name of the place was Custom Fab Shop in Houma, LA.