1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help. I keep losing the MAF signal but it has some clues.

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by twinturbohow, May 28, 2010.

1. twinturbohow

Hello everyone. I just started driving my 86 turbo mustang again - it's been about a year and for the second time in a row, on the way to work in the morning, around 2000 RPM the car would buck and puke and my Crane Intereceptor 2 showed a code 2000 - loss of MAF signal. I checked the screen on the Interceptor and it showed a very low number for the airflow with no change if I revved it - so I know it's not getting a signal. If I shut the car off (cut power), and re-start it, everythings fine - for around another 10 minutes.

Here's the only clue I have. This morning I tried something different, when it lost the signal, I kept the key on (full power), put in the clutch, and killed the engine (I have an anti-theft cut-off switch for the ignition coil). Then I simply slipped the clutch out to force the engine to start and it still had no MAF signal. So for some reason, the power has to be cycled. I'm hoping someone has a good idea what to do next as I don't think it's a bad connection anymore.

Thanks alot everyone,
    Howard