1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help desiding what EFI management to run(on Gen 7 now:(

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by ibmike, Apr 27, 2017.

1. ibmike

So i bought a 91 mustang that has a Accel Gen 7 system, i had no idea how old that system was, im in Michigan and theres no one with the software to tune it with, i have version 5.02 for it but there is no OS now that even put it on a computer.

So it f n sucks bad but im going to have to get a new EFI management system, looking at Fast and Fuel Tech mainly but if theres something easier/better please let me know.

Car is a 91 Mustang 327 sbf, iron eagle,76mm precision turbo, spyder intake, 90mm TB, #96 injectors, brodix track 1 m2 heads, and Aeromotive 11104 fuel pump. I want to switch to E85 soon as possible.

Thanks for any input. Mike

2. blown385

Easy and a ton of support = Holley

3. Hemann

+1

I have a Fast XFI system but wish I would have got the Holley. The Fast works great but there is way more support for the Holley plus there 7" screen is very cool.

4. ibmike

I talked to Fuel Tech about FT600/500 and they said they have great support, i called Holly 5 times throughout the day and never even got to talk to one person, im not against Holly though and there is a dealer/dyno about an hour or so away.
    Fuel Tech has the hot new systems now and about every fast car in the country uses their stuff.

Either way its going to be around 4k :(

5. blown385

thats not the support Im talking about .

Im talking about intraweb support not phone support .

Nothing against Fuel Tech , but I think that $4000 price tag is dreaming.

6. ibmike

4k is for the FT500, the FT600 adds $1200. A lot of the Holly parts i would need are on back order, with there LCD there system is $3600

7. Chuck L

Don't know where you heard that. Fake news???:afraid2:

Holley Dominator here.

maverick75 likes this.
  8. firebird_1995

I just bought an ms3 pro and I love how many features it has. I was hot for holley until I seen that I was going to have to spend extra money for traction control and a bump box. All included on the ms3.

9. blown385

Lots of guys using holley for traction control with wheel speed sensors and math channels .

Bump box also with a simple SSR .

I use the Pulse lease though . Easy Peasy

Bad Medicine Racing likes this.
  10. ibmike

Lol really? or are you messing with me?
    Fletcher Cox's Mustang
    Andrew Alepa's C7 vette and about every fast guy on the circuit uses Fuel tech, hell 70% of lights out 7 runs there stuff, Im not says i need Fuel Tech but there on most of the fastest cars for sure, seen it for myself. fletcher cox mustang.jpg #ad
    vette.jpg #ad

11. blown385

I stand by my statement .

Easy and support =Holley

You said you wanted easy , well ......

If your going to pay someone to tune it , then use the system they are familiar with .

12. ibmike

I like the Holly system if they will ever answer their phones I could get the info I need to make a decision. I will try to call them tomorrow morning again.

13. blown385

Or go on the Holley forum .

Or ask your questions here .

Calling Holley will not get you far . Unfortunately , thats not where they shine ...... lol

14. ibmike

LOL, i noticed. I meant to find out total cost of all needed parts to order so they'll have to answer so i can possibly do that.

15. blown385

Everyone is pretty much on the same page with price , but its better to buy from someone that will offer support after you buy .

Good thing about Holley is theres so many people using it , theres a lot of people willing to share tunes . Or there are several guys out there that will remote tune .

Whats the set up ?

You going CNP ? Holley is also very LS friendly.

16. Hemann

I would buy the Holley system from an independent seller that is knowledgeable of the system in case you have questions later. Don't buy from Jegs or Summit. Even if you buy another system buy from someone that will give support down the road.

I have to add this is the largest Turbo website on the net.

17. tbird

Steve Morris can get you Holley or Fueltech , as well as support if you purchase through him. He has engine and chassis dyno too.
    Not sure where you are in michigan. He is in Muskegon

18. ibmike

Yah Steve Morris is the man for sure I'm near Ann Arbor so He's about 3 hours from me, Guess i should give them a call.

I called a more local Holly dealer with a dyno also, he's going to shot me a quote tomorrow morning. If its going to be to much ill probably just part the car out, which would suck but oh well. i bought this car, its been around different forums for a while. IMG_1539.1.jpg #ad
    IMG_1543.JPG #ad

19. 64Fatblock

Are you looking for a Dominator system or will an HP do? What you need it to do will make a huge difference in price. I run an HP system in my wagon and it does everything I need it to, bottom 9 second street car. The HP is a lacking on input/outputs but let me know what your plans are and if I can help you out.

20. ibmike

Local Holly dealer (which said he would email a price twice, HASN'T, So far Holly as a whole sucks. they don answer their phones and their dealer's aren't much help either ) said I should go with the Dominator, But I'm going to call another local holly dealer(not going to hold my breath), AMPefi, Proefi, and others now cant wait a week to get a simple price for what i need.
    Most likely just going to part the car that ive had for a week, cause this is Zero fun.