1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

help choosing a cam/ turbo combo

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by formula ws6, Jun 29, 2015.

1. formula ws6

I'm a bit of a turbo newb so forgive me if I have a few dumb questions. I've spent 3 hrs reading through other peoples builds but It seems no 2 builds are the same. I'm running a 120k mile 5.3, ported 317's, btr springs, pushrods, trunion upgrade with a LS6 intake mated to a Magnum t56. I plan on running around a 3:42 gear all in a 72 camaro. I want to run twins (thinking 67mm's) pushing 16-18 psi. I just need help choosing which exact ones to purchase along with a BOV and wastegates. I also plan on running a mild cam with a little bit of a lope to it to sound great but maintain drivability. I've been down the big cam road in my formula and can't stand the constant cam surge.
    I'm not one jump on the ebay band wagon but I guess if the parts are proven to hold up, I would consider it. I did find these up and forward LS turbo headers on ebay that seem too good to be true but I'm concerned the collector size is too large for my application. I attached a link below and thanks in advance for your help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-97-14-C...DER-/400753246597?hash=item5d4ec14185&vxp=mtr

2. M&M Turbochargers

guys having good luck with the isky triple 12

I look for something a little smaller on the compressors maybe a pair of 60mm

3. turbomalibuwagon

Yeah 67s at that boost will support 1500 +. borg makes a s360 cast and s362 fmw (like a billet wheel ) both would be excellent choice. M&M can get you full spec on both as he is a dealer. And options for housing and turbine combination to work best for your combination.

4. M&M Turbochargers

5. formula ws6

Perfect, I'll give you a call tomorrow. Thanks!