1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help with wastegate

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by blowbyu, Apr 3, 2007.

1. blowbyu

2. SlowJoe

missing the flanges

3. SlowJoe

and the nipples

4. blowbyu

Wow....sorry about that I didnt mean like that I have the nipples and flanges.....i am wondering what goes in the top hole in the middle on top of the waste gate?

5. SlowJoe

can't help you there usually wastegates come with two ports incase you didn't know i'm probaly sure you do but the bottom is for spring pressure and the top if for boost controller why that has a third hole i don't know.

6. blowbyu

Come on I know somebody on this site has an hks or hks knock-off that can help me??

7. TurboShortBus

What thread is that hole in the center of the cap? My vote is that it's a typical screw thread (not NPT), which would mean that a spring preloading bolt used to go in there (crank it in for a stiffer spring and more boost...they all used to come that way a few years ago, before they started selling wastegates at the dimestore). With that being said, I'd also say that the offset hole on the top is NPT thread for a barb fitting.

Mark

8. blowbyu

Thanks guys I just wanted to make sure.....so with the center hole just let it vent to the atmosphere or either plug it....i will be using a EBoost 2...thanks again

9. TurboShortBus

Take it apart and learn what's in there.

Mark