1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Hello and question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mwskopf, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Mwskopf

Hello guys and gals! Nice to meet you.
    So we purchased a Dodge Dart multi air turbo and it is apparently bleeding off boost pressure under load and wot. Sounds like the bov venting multiple times around 4K rpm. If you keep your foot on the gas it goes pssssssht, pssssssht, pssssssht, In quick succession. I am thinking it’s a leak or bov screwing up.
    I would like to post a video but do I need to upload to YouTube first and then provide a link?
    thanks

2. B E N

Has the car got an aftermarket tune on it?

3. Mwskopf

No tune, just an injen cold air intake.
    Thanks

4. B E N

Get rid of the cold air intake and see if it goes away.

5. Mwskopf

I may try that after I try a couple other things like checking all of the clamps, and maybe rigging up something to pressurize the cold side piping.
    Thanks for your replies though. Should I bump this over to another part of the forum for more people to see? Might have to have an admin do that for me though.
    cheers

6. B E N

You could post something up in the tech section. You may not be getting a lot of responses just because the car is a little obscure here, this forum mostly does add on type turbos. One of the Dart specific forums might get better response.

Check your system for leaks, unmetered air or a miscalibration due to the intake change without a tune can certainly cause what you are talking about.

Mwskopf likes this.
  7. Mwskopf

As we were servicing the A/C system, we discovered the problem with the turbo system. The boy forgot to hookup one of the vacuum tubes that connects to the pipe before the turbo. Woops...
    hooked it back up and tightened some other clamps while we were at it and it is back to its "mighty" 1.4l turbo self :)
    Thanks
    Mark

Russell likes this.