1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

TUNIING, QUARTERHORSE

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by gooeydwarf, Apr 20, 2019.

1. gooeydwarf

for starters I have a 97 ford ranger 2.3L, it has ben turbocharged... I am at the final steps and that is tuning. I have the moates quarter horse. im wanting to see if anyone on here has tuned with this product n maybe can help me answer few questions

2. Disney Lincoln

I have used it a good bit. There is another forum that really caters directly to the QH and EEC-IV tuning. eectuning.org/forums/

3. B E N

I've used one, and I will help as best I can but it was an A9L application. The eectuning forum is your best bet.

4. fastspec2

Not to thread jack, but what was your experience with it? I have fussed with them a bout 5-ish years ago and if you want one for free its probably still in the bushes behind my old shop.
    I had huge communication glitches, lost data, and it would randomly just decide to burn something completely different then what i had in BE.
    I used tuner-pro rt on a bunch of nissan stuff back then and had really good results with it considering it was pretty raw back then. That is what lead me to try the QH stuff. I also did a bunch of chips useing sct hardware while using the datalogging of the QH and that was by far my best results with either system. The sct hardware and software for chip burning actualy fixed alot of my glithes and the QH allowed for decent logging. I still even have an old SNEECER datalogger in my tool box.

As time has gone on I don't even mess with the sct chip stuff anymore on anything eec4 other then on rare occasions and mostly on stock-ish stuff.
    I just struggle to justify it when a PNP MS is possible.

5. B E N

I feel like it was fine for what it was, but there are better options now.

Disney Lincoln likes this.
  6. Disney Lincoln

I had really good luck with it. I did mostly boosted applications using blow thru or LMAF. It was nice that I could use a slot MAF as well and aedjust for it. IMO, it was the best option for getting stock like idle and drivability on an EEC-IV based car/truck. I used it on a 2gen L with EEC-V and while I did get it tuned out, it took me 10x as long. I grew up tuning on TwEECer stuff so the QH and Binary Editor was a quantum leap forward. You can imagine my joy when I first used Tuner Studio!

Like you though, these days I just convert everything to MS.

fastspec2 likes this.
  7. fastspec2

Thanx for the input Disney

8. nxcoupe

I tune everything that needs a chip with BE and quarterhorse/moates chip. Never had issues as mentioned. I used to tune for a living, so having something that worked well was important. I use the Core version of it which might make a difference.
    OP, I can help with tuning if you'd like. You'd need a wideband set up to see what your a/f is doing.

9. Disney Lincoln

All these replies and the OP has vanished.

nxcoupe likes this.