1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

sorry im new

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by crayonbreaker, Feb 13, 2007.

1. crayonbreaker

So i spent some time looking around at some of the post and i have some basic questions that i am still not quite clear on such as what makes a blow thru a blow thru it seem to me to be a standard set up but on a carb... secondly i took a look at some pics in the multimedia section and they didn't help much so i was hoping some one has done a write up that i have not found on some what of a install/fabricate....

Just to let you all know what i am attempting to do is I would like to make 500 to 600 hp on a 351w with reworked heads and stock rods and crank with a c4 or c6 to put it on the pavement and it will all be going on a tbird...

Im at a loss as of what to buy/look for as this will be my first turbo set up so any help on what to get what be appreciated a lot...

i know for the most part i will need

3" tubing
    tophat
    headers (suggestions)
    turbo (suggestions)
    fuel pump (suggestions)
    carb (suggestions)
    intake (suggestions)

etc any one got a 351 with a blow thru that is around 500 to 600 let me know what u are using...

also has any one done a remote mount on a blow thru? pics?

2. franktf

A good start would be for you to read the info in this link..... https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51153.0

It will answer most of your questions..... It is a sticky in the top of the Carb + Boost Tech Questons section.....

Also the green search can be you friend, you can find out almost anything you want to know by using it.....

3. 86lxnotch

should search as many people have done this including myself.

my combo isnt quite a normal one but here ya go
    .040 over 351w with 10.75 to 1 compression, stock crank and rods
    HAD gt40 irons unported off a 1st gen lightning, a custom solid roller, airgap intake
    Barry grant BT750 carb, bbk shorties flipped. MPt70. built it all myself and made 480/600 on 9 lbs intercooled on 92 octane. had it at 12lbs at an est 540 rwhp and tried 14lbs but i warped a head.

bridal-shoal