1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Heat Shield Wrap - On the exhaust, or on the hoses or wires?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by TheShagg, Feb 24, 2012.

1. TheShagg

My tailpipe runs pretty close to some fuel lines (1.5 - 2.5 inches away) and the hardline for my brakes (0.75 inch away for short section). It also runs near the top of the rear shocks, but I might make an aluminum heat shield for that.

I bought some of this DEI titanium wrap, and its safe to wrap it on the exhaust.

Should I wrap the exhaust, or the stuff I am trying to protect? I kind of don't want to wrap the exhaust because it's hand built 304 and I hear the wrap destroys exhaust pipes. On the other hand, I don't see how wrapping rubber hose will keep the temperature down - because there is no way for the heat to escape. Wrapping aluminum hardline would be benefitial, because heat would get in slower, but would escape along the aluminum.

Thanks.

2. BOOSTEDROK

wrap the lines!! you should be fine :D

3. PEARL MUSSIN

Hell just wrap both to be safe.