1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

headgasket problems...next step burn the bitch

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by green notch, Dec 29, 2009.

1. green notch

Have a dart spotsman block afr 205 heads and cometic gaskets....ran the car 30 passes down the track in my other car zero gasket problems, sold the rolling chassie and kept the motor ...never opened the motor up same gaskets everything from previous car..finally got this car together (never ran hard yet)and now have blown head gaskets 2 times now ....first ones maybe my fault ran it without water completely forgot to add water and was walking around the car looking things over got in noticed it was hott and shut it down filled it up and noticed water coming out of over flow, pulled heads and had checked they were fine....I ended up selling them and bought new heads with upgraded valves and retainer etc....got a new set of cometic gaskets installed new heads drove it maybe 15 miles yesterday....got in it tonight and was bringing it up on the trans brake and noticed it was spiting water out of the cap again, car was still under 150 degrees, I turn the fans and water pump off and it still pissed out a little bit....someone please school me .....the block was never decked, but never had any problems till now ,,,,,I have read that these blocks have givin some problems if they aren't decked.....sorry for rambling on but man this crap sucks...

2. domn8rx

Our dart block had that problem, the front driver and the rear pass side needed over .005 to cut clean across. That doesn't fly with mls gaskets, our deck was rough as hell too.

john

sorry to hear

3. green notch

Hey john, was you able to run it awhile, or did it happen when you first got the block....I had no problems till now thanks Sonny

4. domn8rx

Yes, we went almost a year, but never went to the track. Then it was one after another.

john

5. green notch

was it getting water in the oil or? how did you notice it

6. domn8rx

The first time was at the dyno, make a pull and it would spit water out of the overflow. And the hose was hard as a rock all of the time. No milkshake, ever.

john

7. green notch

same thing here...thanks man