1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

gt40p heads ??

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by Fast, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Fast

Im getting a 97 mountaineer engine to put in my 5.0 ,but do they have forged pistons like the 5.0? What headers can be used and I want a B 303 or E 303 cam? Anyone tryed this set up with carb??Any advise appreciated..

2. Boost Engineer

A friend of mine, Wallace Beiber (Wally), was the Engine Engineer for Ford on the 97 5.0L "Mountaineer" engine.

The engine is a very good starting point engine. Very Good factory type heads that flowed better than the old 289 Ford GT heads (in the race car). The Ford Tubular headers worked as well as the majority of the aftermarket headers (based on dyno data). I could find out from one of the 5.0L guys still around (Ed Olin) if that engine had Forged Pistons as he worked with Wally on the program. Ed is in my department.

More info for you tomorrow.

Tom Vaught

3. Fast

Ford tubular headers worked as well as aftermarket? STock? what will clear the plugs and how much are they?Sorry for any inconvience..

4. Boost Engineer

With-in 2 hp of long tube hot rod versions but packaged a lot better per Ford dyno testing.

Tom Vaught