1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP 60mm Turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ScottyT, Oct 12, 2005.

1. ScottyT

Is it worth 950 bucks plus shipping? Does anyone know the full specs? All i could find is it's a 60mm, reaches full boost at 3000rpm, the cost, and that it's a T3/T4 hybrid. I have no problem spending money on a quality part but just wanted to hear what everyone thought about the company and turbo. I don't like hp goals but say 525 to the rollers if that matters.

2. Disney Lincoln

I wouldnt pay that much for it.

3. Cld12pk2go

4. WaterPog

You can get a LOT of turbo for $950, I don't think I'd go for that deal. My PT-61's were MUCH cheaper than that each.

5. ScottyT

No combo yet, just some money saved and a plan forming. Combo:

Dart 302 block
    Forged rotating assembly
    F-cam
    Crap Iron heads for a season or two ($399 back of 5.0)
    302 truck lower ported w/box upper
    AEM EMS
    90-93 Fastback
    Good Quality Suspension/brakes
    tko

If anyone is about to say your topping a sick short block with crap, yes I am lol This will let me have a rock solid base and the ability to upgrade heads/intake/etc. at a later date (when I decide it's not enough and need more power.) There is no money for aluminum heads or an aftermarket intake right now. I work at a tuner shop (no comment) and the turbo kit/fabrication work will cost materials only. I would like this to be a jack of all trades street/strip/weekend cruises so idk what ar I'd need. The full boost by 3000 rpm sounded nice !
    Thanks for the help, glad to be back on the board 4 years after I gave up on my first turbo fox :(

6. Cld12pk2go

Just get a Master Power T70 and not have to worry about upgrading the turbo later then.

Sounds like a good plan. You can make alot of power with stock heads and intake if you up the boost. Especially if you port them. This is the path I am taking.

7. ScottyT

Thanks Cld12pk2go, what a/r do you think would be best? That T-70 is still $150 cheaper then the hp!

:cool:

8. Cld12pk2go

The good thing about turbine housings is that they are pretty cheap.

If you only want ~400-450rwhp now, then for a street car I would say go with the 0.68A/R for the quicker spooling the smaller housing would allow.

However, when/if you want to make 450-600rwhp then I would say upgrade to either the 0.81 A/R or the 0.96 A/R depending if you want quicker spool or less restriction in the upper rpms...

9. lo fo do

hp turbo

i just sold a newer hp 60mm turbo for 650.00, and it had a polished intake side, and a jet hot exh. side. so 950 is way to much.