1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Master Powers GT45 w/vband question

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by dug, Mar 28, 2010.

1. dug

I have a master powers gt45 and a 3 inch downpipe, both with the vband clamp and both measure 4" dia. When I go to put the clamp on and tighten it down the downpipe is loose no matter how tight I can get the nut on. It looks like the turbo side has a shallower "backside" where the vband clamp actually rests onto. Has anyone ran into this problem and if so what was the fix? I'm trying to work on my car today and hope to get some shit done. I feel like I should know the answer to this one. :bang:

2. dug

after looking around I think I came across my problem. I think that they are 2 different v-bands that I'm trying to match up (one came on the turbo, the other is from my BG turbo kit). This might be a tough thing to fix as I don't think you can purchase just the flanges. :bang: shit.

3. lsxmalibu

i have a single collar, i only needed 1/2 from a kit, but like you said you cant buy just one. if you need it send me a pm.

4. dug

PM sent