1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

hayabusa turbo info needed

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by mytnikderek, Feb 10, 2013.

1. mytnikderek

i have a 2008 hayabusa and wondering what turbo i should use this will be a strict street bike and want to produce around 350 hp i have found turbos that i think will fit but due to the 11k rpm limit dont what combo i should go with as i dont want a peaky powerband that will cause wheelies and wheel spin let me know what you guys think.

2. Kerrdogg

Have you been over to the Hayabusa boards, tones of turbo info there. The 08 and up's ahve there pluses and minuses when it come to turbos. You can make 350 rwhp with the stock injectors with the proper tuning tool however the valves won't hold up much past that mark for long. There are many different turbos that will fit the bill, most are sized for a small 4 cyl car, 2.0 to 2.5L, I have a S252 that is good for 450 rwhp but I want the bike to be lazy in the low gears, a S247 might be a good choice, have seen guys run the small mitsubishi turbos as well. Stedman sells a inexpensive kit, Richards stuff (RCC Turbo) is first class, might want to talk to those guys. Good Luck.

3. Kerrdogg

that will cause wheelies and wheel spin

Gonna be hard to avoid unless you lower and extend the bike a bunch, afterall you want to double the rear wheel HP on an already very fast bike.

4. mytnikderek

I have been there already and posted they just say go with the rcc kit and I believe its good and richard is a good guy just didn't know if thru all the turbo math if one suited me better and provided more performance

5. BoostedBadBoy

Well honestly man, with that kind of power I don't get what you mean no wheelie or tire spin, thats pretty much all that thing is going to do in that power range on the street unless like kerr said, lowered and extended. Honestly to hold it down, a extended swing arm, and 280mm rear tire or bigger would be your best bet as it would have harder time spinning it. But then your talking trans mods,clutches, air shifter etc. Right now with the HP goal, your in pro stock bike range. Its going to be a lot of frame and suspension tuning to keep it on the ground, thats more or less going to be the biggest help to keeping that planted. I don't know your riding abilities or ever you ever rode something that serious before, may want to try it before you decide thats what you want. But dropping it and extending it is going to change the ride characteristics on it completely. But you have to do what you have to do to ride something safely, and depends on intention. Is this going to be a street brawler, or cruiser or meant to be both? The way pro stocks stay planted is wheely bars. I'm a 230lbs guy and I already know that half that power holds me in the air on mine so good luck with that. lol

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  6. mytnikderek

I'm also over 240 and have owned zx12s and 14s and other 1000s including the bmw s1000rr and all those don't wheelie on me with proper traction control (right hand) you can keep it down and not wheel spin with proper boost contollers and ramping of boost to help it be gradual and limit boost per gear... just thought there was a way to determine the best turbo for it cause of the high rpm and characteristics of the bike.

7. BoostedBadBoy

Thats what I have is the ZX-14 and I had a 12 but I wanted faster, I'm a ninja man myself. lol I don't know how you kept those things down I couldn't to save my life I just learned to ride on one wheel until I dropped it and put the extended swing arm and 300mm tire on back. Costly but well worth it and I've always sprayed my stuff. But if you know how to read compressor maps that would be best way to determine a proper sized compressor to motor size. But Kerr probably put you in best direction for your ride. Sure there are other options but thing is can you fab and understand turbo's and building a platform for them? Fuel requirements, the ramping etc like your talking about. I thought about going the route you are myself but I didn't know how to ramp the boost with the gearing so I left well enough alone, I'm plenty fast with spray... lol

8. Gen1SVE

Evo Big 16g. Plentiful, easy to package and potent.

9. joeqsmith

That's a lot of power for a street bike. What ever my old GSXRW makes, I am not a good enough rider to make use of it.

What is the problem with the stock valves? Was the Gen I any better?