1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tuning 160lb ford injectors with sct pro racer

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by R-Snake, Jun 26, 2012.

1. R-Snake

I have the pro racer set up on my pt88 03 cobra. I have ford aqua or teal top 160lb injectors with a versafueler. I'm not sure how to start changing the tune because I can't find any information on the injectors. The tune I currently have is set up for 60lb injectors. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

2. jmstekguy

First off the pcm has a different driver for the injectors (impedance), from what i can remember, you will need a versafueler for the low impedance injectors and then scale the injectors accordingly, the high/low slop is available through ford racing im sure or can be found online

3. Beatngu

set MPW to zero and put in Bosch injector data (which sucks),

I'm sub'ing b/c I also have a Versafueler and white top 160's. I have zero issues with this set up, runs like my FRPP 80's ...BUT at part throttle (enough to maintain speed) I get a slight studder or hiccup. Not sure what were missing.

4. decipha

i've tuned a bunch of them, its simple enough, just scale everything by *.3 and adjust accordingly

5. R-Snake

So far I haven't found much on these injectors. I'm swapping them in within the next couple of weeks. The tune was pretty good with the 60's in there, but now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to get to a decent starting point with these. Any body have the bosch injector values mentioned above? Thanks!

6. Beatngu

Fuel injector values before scaling:
    Low slope 0.044912
    High slope 0.035086
    Breakpoint 0.0002751948
    Min. pulse width .00642

7. decipha

are you serious only 126lb? that sucks

in any case in response to the pm i received

by scaling i mean to multiply the slopes breakpoint maf curve engine size and idle airflow functions by multiplying by .3

thats only good for approx 1800hp though which will work out considering your injectors are only good for 1800 or only 1450hp if they really do only flow 126lbs/hr

8. R-Snake

Not sure what you mean by 126lb maybe my pm had a typo. They are 160s. Thanks for the help guys!

9. Zacharyx

here is the only thing I find for ford injectors that big, would figure these are the 160s once at 43# of fuel pressure