1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

havin trouble with my setup possibly the a9p

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by turboed351, Aug 9, 2012.

1. turboed351

how much hp can u tune with a a9p. ive got a 87 thubderbird 72mm turbo its gonna b roughly 700hp at the wheels my tuner is putting a chip in it but the problem is it starts and runs for about 2min then the fuel pressure drops and the spark seems to disapear. ive got all new msd electronics and aeromotive for my fuel but the computer is a a9p and i bought it used culd that be an issue or is the msd 7al? im at a loss here oh and when u go to restart it, it wont start unless you give it a couple hrs. thanks for any help cause im not sure what to do :bang:

2. PayUpSuka

Still using a stock TFI setup for the spark? Sound's like a classic fox mustang issue. The TFI module get's heat soaked and quit's working.

3. decipha

i tuned a 1400rwhp fox once and quite a few making over 1000 to the wheels using the factory ecu's with no problems

i take it that 72mm has a t6 housing?

whenever diagnosing any intermittent electrical issues ALWAYS replace the ecu and fuel pump relays then re-ground the ecu, battery, block, and chassis

best bet is to stick with the stock distributor

other than your hot start issue being electrical, it may be tune related, may not have enough crank pw