1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Have a few questions about Precision GT42-76 Turbo?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 14chp2c, Apr 26, 2010.

1. 14chp2c

Well I bought a turbo today for my Mustang, Precision GT42-76 Turbo, from Turbo306, but I have a few questions. The A/R is 1.28 is this too big? Also it had a 4" downpipe but I only a 3.5" downpipe, is this OK? Will changing from 3" to 3.5" piping from the intercooler to the throttle body worth doing? Will switching from a 75mm throttle to a 90mm throttle worth doing? I am trying to make around 1000HP, I have an R-block billet internal 327 which is a zero balance, Twisted Wedge heads ported by T.E.A., they flow 300 and 217 @ 500 lift, Spyder Intake and a 4500 stall.

2. dug

that sounds like a monster for the little 327. You might have some trouble getting that thing to spool up. it would be better to see a 4" downpipe on that thing but I imagine you could still hit your goal with a 3.5" pipe. But to make the 1000hp I would go big on everything you're talking about. Thats my opinion, hopefully someone else can give some input also.