1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Thanks Induction MotorSports!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by V8TurboGMC, Jan 7, 2004.

1. V8TurboGMC

Just want to say thanks to Shane and Jeff at Induction. I just Recived my Precision T76GTS Turbo and parts. Everything is as decribed and at a fair price! Its hard to get a Fair Price and good customer service all in one. If anyone is going to buy a Turbo or Turbo Accessories, I would reccomend Induction MotorSports.

Ill try and get some pics ASAP

Thanks again Induction, YOU GUYS KICK A$$ :rockon:
    Kyle~

2. 90coupe

I definitely plan on ordering my turbo from them whenever that day comes.
    They have the best prices I've seen yet.

:tu:

3. smokedu

I second that! My experience with Shane @ Induction Motorsports was fantastic check out "IT'S GIGANTO" in this forum posted on 11-18-03
    Derick

4. Fast SN-95

Thanks Kyle! We appreciate your business! Let me know how it goes once you get that beast up and running.

Later,
    Shane

5. Brent Davis

Great news Kyle. Glad you got your stuff. But hey, didn't I sell you a carb and you got it on time? Where's my kudos thread?:( J/K:D

Let me know when you get some stuff going on your project and if I can help you out any.

6. V8TurboGMC

LOL...

JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS TO BRENT FOR THE DYNO PROVEN AEROSOL CARB.... YOU DA MAN!!! THIER YA GO :D

Ill Keep ya updated....

Actually I Should be Thanking The Board....Thanks theturboforums.com

Time to Post Pics>>>

7. V8TurboGMC

Nice Ported Compresor outlet

8. V8TurboGMC

Exhaust side

9. V8TurboGMC

Turbine

10. V8TurboGMC

Here is the V-band flange, its a 3 Inch adapter that tapers to a
    3 1/2 inch so I can run a 3 1/2 DP. To the right of it is the V-band clamp.

11. V8TurboGMC

Here is a pic of the Flange on the Turbine housing....thier is a Small lip, I might try and modify the flangeand make it bigger so the exhaust gas doesnt hit it.

Shane,
    What are your thoughts on modifying the flange?

12. Fast SN-95

I don't have that exact flange in front of me, but I'm looking at one of the 5" ones, and the lip is really thin (less than 1/32") and has a bevel on the end of it. It's there to locate the flange so you don't get the offset that's common with the stamped v-band flanges.

Later,
    Shane

13. V8TurboGMC

Is what im saying is the Outlet on the turbind housing is bigger that the inlet of the flange....I probably wont mess with it, I was just wondering.

14. Fast SN-95

Yea, that lip is just to center the flange up in the turbine housing. Without it, the v-band clamp has enough play that you can end up with the downpipe slightly offset from the turbine housing.

15. V8TurboGMC

I got ya...but how can you see the lip after you weld on he DP?

16. Fast SN-95

Hmmm.. I'm a little confused as to what lip your trying to see after you weld the DP on.

On one end of the 5" flange there is a really thin lip sticking out. On the other end there is a thick lip. The thin lipped side goes into the turbine outlet and fits solidly so the flange can't move side to side. The v-band goes around that. The thicker lip slips into the downpipe and get's welded to it. Does that help?

Thanks,
    Shane

17. V8TurboGMC

Ok Ill show you...look at this

18. Fast SN-95

I put a call in to Precision asking about it, and Jim is going to call me back in the morning. Do you have a picture of the flange showing a side view?

19. V8TurboGMC

Here...in this pic the measurement is 3.040

20. V8TurboGMC

Now here is the Flange, it measures 2.900.

So 3.040-2.900= 0.140 <<<< That makes a small lip but its their. Is what I am getting at is why no machine the flange to the same size as the outlet? Im not at all saying Im not happy with the product. Just making a point. Not to mention that the small end of the GTS wheel is 2.960....why would you make the flange smaller than the wheel. Not to be a A-Hole....but I think precision should Have an option to have a diffrent Turbine housing for the GTS Wheel with a 3.5 inch outlet.

bridal-shoal