1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP progress pics

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by CopMagnet, Dec 29, 2003.

1. CopMagnet

Thought you guys might enjoy these, this was a mock-up to mount the intercooler (haven't yet) and cut the holes for the turbo...

Sent a few questions to the guys at HP since I'm working without any real directions (bought the kit used) and they've been excellent about helping me out.

For someone who bought one of their kits used I'm being treated like I am a VIP :D

Thanks Guys!!

2. CopMagnet

turbo fitted and holes cut.

3. CopMagnet

working on the intercooler

4. CopMagnet

cold side pipes and bumper support - not finished!

5. CopMagnet

cold side and support #2 - not finished!

6. CopMagnet

interior waiting for 10 pt to start

7. Alex332

the quality on that kit looks excellent!
    what size turbo are you using?

8. CopMagnet

T-60 for now, but we cut the hole slightly larger to accomodate a 76 in the future.

9. Alex332

sweet, the coating on their looks excellent, is that a jet-hot coat? after i install my PTK kit i'd like to get it coated that color

10. CopMagnet

yes it is, the manifolds are a bit dull, but I was told by a friend that they tend to do that once they heat up - never had any experience with jet-hot before so I didn't know...

Oh, and HP told me they would take care of the coating if I wanted to :) - again amazing customer service, and I bought the kit second hand!

I am very impressed by the fit, all I'm trying to do now is figure out the intercooler mounting and fit the pipes around the bumper support.

11. SoL_93GT

Looks good, do you have everything now? Can't wait to see how yours runs when your done. Good luck.

Briane

12. CopMagnet

I have all the parts for the kit, but I still need a few misc parts to get the car done. Should be up in 30 days or so.... depends on $$

Still need:

Finish cage
    Edelbrock lower intake
    Rockers
    pushrods
    radiator
    battery relo stuff
    carpet :)
    injectors
    pulleys
    etc...

I'll have more to add later (seats, etc...) but I want to get it running. I took out the rest of the HVAC stuff last night - damn near 40 lbs! Bah - who needs it, lol - and now there's more room for the electronics to hide behind the dash (SDS, Hyfire VI, RPM trigger for mini shift light, misc relays, etc...) :)

13. CopMagnet

Thanks, does anyone know wha the blue box behind the dash is with the two harnesses going to it? almost looks airbag related...

14. no rice

I'm just curiouse what you paid for the kit second hand? Brand new at 4200 is pricey, but it is a complete turn key kit though. anywayz your picks look great. Your car will bill waxn' some LS1 for brunch!!! :357: :: :pimp:

15. CopMagnet

Actually I wouldn't consider the kit pricey considering what it includes. By the time you add the Fan, Mass Air, injectors, etc...... it's a good deal. Keep in mind everything is coated and the fit and finish is excellent. Customer support has been exceptional. Tom has answered every question and made several reccomendations for me, as well as giving me his installers cell number in case I need it.

I paid $2900, but didn't need the injectors so we took $300 off and he kept them. I got a hell of a deal, but after seeing how well this kit is made I wouldn't think twice about buying one new.