1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Half Boost problem rear mount setup

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by camaro408, Oct 2, 2013.

1. camaro408

I have a 2002 Camaro SS with a 408. I purchased and installed a rear mount STS system 80mm turbo. I know that most people don't care for the rear mount but I chose the rear mount because I didn't want to delete the a/c. Car is to clean and only has 15 miles on it. My issue that I am having is no matter what size spring I put in the waste gate it will only boost half of that spring or almost exactly half. example 5lbs spring 2lbs boost, 10lbs spring 5lbs and a 15lbs spring at 8lbs boost. We have pressure tested all the piping and show no leaks. We did a boost test at the compressor and it reads the same as the boost gauge. We have talked about putting a e-boost2 system in but we don't really want to put a band aid on the issue and would like to find the actual problem. Any suggestions?

2. MONTEGOD7SS

Spring rates are just suggestions. You get what you get, and then use a boost controller to bump it up. You will get faster spool with a boost controller instead of letting the boost just blow open the valve all the time.