1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HAD lc1 problems -- went to AEM uego

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by shoebox1.1, Aug 4, 2008.

1. shoebox1.1

my lc1 db gauge is freezing ethier on a low AFR like 8.9 or high like 22.4 ive got this posted over on innovate forums too but check out this pic and tell me is this the better way to have the grounds? all lc1 grounds separate but on the same plate? thanks gus

untitled.JPG #ad

2. shoebox1.1

Re: having lc1 problems check out my grounds

also my battery is grounded to the roll bar rear down tube. i could connect this plate to the front door tube or run a separate wire the length of the car back to the neg terminal. if i ran the wire what gauge should it be? 8ga?

3. furchaser

Cancelled my order on the lc1 and got a NGK AFX. I just saw alot of problems and no help.
    Ron

4. shoebox1.1

if this thing doesnt get squared away it too will go away. i kinda wish i would have done some more research. i probably wouldnt have bought it. but ive got to try and make it work :bang:

5. Millhouse

I'm not sure I understand your diagram'¦but if your battery is located in the trunk you should run a ground wire (I'd use 4 gauge) from the battery to your main grounding point up front. The chassis (and roll bar) are not sufficient for this and can cause all sorts of issues with electronics (widebands are super sensitive to offset grounds).

Also, I'd pull the sensor out and to another free air calibration afterwards to be sure everything is kosher.

When do you notice your wideband freezing? How long does it happen?

6. shoebox1.1

well i got it working good other than a overheating code 8. from what im reading thats common this summer. im going to fab a heat sink and the extender. that outta fix it

7. Bullseye Tuning

I had the same freezing issue and it was the ground.

8. shoebox1.1

well i did all the grounds as per the instructions and it still didnt work. i took that pos off and its already gone. i woudlnt recommend innovate products to anyone.

9. Millhouse

Per what instructions? Did your run a ground cable from the battery to the main ground distibution at the engine? How far away is the bung from the turbo? Innovatives are extrememly sensitive to grounds and even more so to heat.

10. shoebox1.1

i dont have time for thier extreme bullshit..

11. Bullseye Tuning

You have to be smarter than your equipment. After taking the learning curve mine has worked flawlessly. Getting the ground right was the biggest thing.

12. blacksaleen95

you'll have problems with any wb02 if you have crap grounds. It doesn't matter what brand you use, you need good grounds. What's the difference, if the innovative one froze, or if your new one just reads 1pt afr off because the ground is shitty. Like everyone has suggested get a good ground to the wideband and end the problems.

13. shoebox1.1

i had a good grounds to everything. all 47 million wires the damn thing had.. im just stupid.. lets move on;. thank you

14. AllOLDS

Very important-- Do not use a ground block, Keep grounds as short as possible, Use a ground strap when possible to minimize noise (which causes electronics to screw up). JIM

15. shoebox1.1

ill remember that thank you jim

16. shoebox1.1

Re: having lc1 problems went to AEM

HUMMMMMMMM removed POS lc1.... installed super simple,easy,well thought-out AEM uego pn 30-4100 and hooked up the 2 wires power and ground and it FREAKIN WORKS PERFECT! i guess my ground was good after all. i guess i am smarter than what im working on.

17. furchaser

I am glad to hear you like the AEM , cuz when I tried to buy a ngk afx , they would not sell it to Canada , :stupid: they say because there is no tech support here ! Soooo . I bought the same wide band as you did . It sure looks like it will do the job . please keep us posted on how it works for you . It will be a bit before I get mine hooked up ( In the middle of back halving the car ) . from a video I saw of it , it looked kinda twitchy ,
    Ron

18. Stroked-Z

Fucking Innovate POS wideband......mines going back too & will NEVER user their POS product again.

-Carm

19. red95gts

I've got an LC-1 and an XD-16 gauge and I have NEVER had a fucking product designed for automotive use be this sensitive to power and grounding. I've done everything like the manual says and I can't connect the gauge to the LC-1 or it dumps the calibration. So, I have a $200+ programmable gauge that is usless at this point. The tech support on the website is non-existant. When you call in, you usually get someone that can't troublehsoot their way out of a wet paper bag. You usually get:

- Are your grounds good?

-They are? Oh..I guess send it in to us. :(

Both of mine are going back to Innovate for repair and they get ONE chance. If I have further problems, I'm shitcanning this stuff and buying an AEM, PLX, or Zeitronix.

20. shoebox1.1

i feel your pain! i understand grounds and their importance. but this is rediculous! i called AEM the other day asking about the requirements,tips,tricks etc.. they were super nice and helpful. best part about this 30-4100 gauge is 2 WIRE hook up! im going to tell anyone who'll listen not to buy any innovate products ;)