1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

G-force T56 vs. Tranzilla vs. D&D viper-spec T56s

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by FastDriver, Feb 21, 2008.

1. FastDriver

G-force T56 vs. Tranzilla vs. D&D viper-spec T56s

I know that we've got a few people on here who've put over 1000 rwhp through the G-force T56s. How about these other trannies?

I just saw the other transmission thread and not to steal any of its thunder, I would just like to hear from those who've driven these trannies. Specifically, I'd like to know how they stand up to big power. So how much power have you put through one? Did it stand up to the punishment? Did it break? How much power or what ETs/Traps were you running when it broke? Customer service? Is on trans better than the other? Is the tranzilla worth its premium?

Thanks,

Chris

2. crawlinturbonotch

Re: G-force T56 vs. Tranzilla vs. D&D viper-spec T56s

I'd check with "DANIMAL" IS HIS USER NAME ON HERE... I BELIEVE HE'S MAKING OVER 1000RWHP AND BANGING GEARS... 8)

3. FastDriver

Yep, I've definitely talked to him about his G-force T56 already. I know I've seen those things go over 1000 rwhp several times. I'm a little curious to see who's broken them and at what power level/ driving methods.

Also, the G-force is a $2k+ cheaper than the tranzilla. Is it worth the difference? I don't know how much power I'll be looking for, but it could be as much as 1400 rwhp before it's all said and done. I still want to have a functioning street manual, and for now I'm only going to be seeing around 1000 rwhp. So I know I can get away with the G-force. I'm leaning heavily towards the G-force, but I owe it to myself to compare the other stout T56s on the market and try and make the best buy overall.

Thanks,

Chris

4. 5.0calypso93lx

Cool thread, I'd like to know as well.

5. 2_slow_5.0

I have a TKO 600 now and I am scared to beat on it to much with the 700+ I am making. I am also looking for a 6 speed thats going to handle 700-1200 for the new project that is in the works! I will be watching this thread.

6. gtconv91

X2... got a TKO II and wanting to see if the T56 is worth the $$$ to make the switch

7. Turbocharged88LX

I wouldnt trust a G-Force T-56 behind any car... The fat fuck Bubba they had building them was a complete know it all and couldnt even put together a T-5. He couldnt even set timing on his 5.0. Now they have some 13 year old gothic fuck doing them right now with no build experience. Good luck for whoever buys one. :2thumbs:

8. FastDriver

Wow, that's the first time I've ever heard anyone slam the G-Force T-56. What do you have? Is your sig still accurate? Did you break a G-force or something?

9. Turbocharged88LX

Yes I ran a G-Force T-56, first run I exploded the main shaft and busted the cluster in two. That was with a 3000 LB fox, 500RWHP lauching @4500 as soon as flatshifted 2nd it exploded.

10. gtconv91

bad day right there....

11. FastDriver

Was it supposed to be G-force's strongest transmission? I'm a little surprised to hear that you broke their transmission with "only" 500 rwhp. Danimal, Wolverine, and a couple of others have successfully put over 1000 rwhp through them.

Can you tell us specifically what you ordered from them?

12. FastDriver

ttt.....
    still looking for more information here. There aren't too many car forums like this one that will have a great deal of people making the power necessary to break these trannies.

13. twinturboGT

I broke mine when I was making probably a bit under 1100 RWTQ. 444" SBF, hogged out TFS-R's, big solid cam, twin PT74's. Stuffed a powerglide in it, but I wanna try a tranzilla 6-speed.

14. FastDriver

twinturboGT,

What exact transmission did you have?

15. chiznad9

16. chiznad9

Oops, jacked that post up....apologies.

17. svooh

I'd check with some of the Viper boards. A few of those cars have done 1200-1400 to the tires. Find out who builds their T56 trans. Those motors make a tremendous amount of torque and power.

18. FastDriver

Funny that you mention that, I had the same idea a couple of days ago... I was thinking, "man supras can do this because they are making big power, but it's so high in the rpm band (9k+ rpm) so they still aren't making that much torque. What would make a lot of torque, I wonder." and then it occured to me that 8.4L vipers already come pushing 600 hp. There have got to be guys trying to push 15psi through a manual transmission, which means they'll be making around 1200 and, like you said, massive torque.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll dig around for a popular f.i. viper board online on my next shift.

Chris

19. twinturboGT

Built to the gills G-force T56. I made one pull on the dyno that made 1260 RWHP 1200 RWTQ at 21 psi and the transmission was fine. I was cruising around on the street at 15 psi on pump gas and it broke on a 3rd gear pull, I was on 18" MT drag radials. At 12 psi off the wastegates it made 970 RWHP 950 RWTQ, so I figured at 15 psi it was making around 1100/1100 at the wheels. Keep in mind this was in a very, very heavy SN95. I've got a full cage, big stereo with 2 x 12's, the big 9.5 deck motor, two big 74mm turbos, a big intercooler, big rad, meth kit in the trunk with a 6 gallon cell, full interior (front and back seats) with added dynamat all over the car. I'd venture 3700+ pounds with me in it.

20. FastDriver

Thanks for the information, though disappointing it may be. My car will not be a lightweight. I'm thinking 3400-3500 with me. That's good input, though. Those trannies aren't cheap. I'm trying to find that viper forum now. I'll post a link to any good threads I find or I'll give info that I learn here.

Chris