1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Guys running turbo and nitrous, Fuel supply question.

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by justa306, Dec 12, 2007.

1. justa306

I'm getting ready to order my fuel system for my car. I'm running a 331 with a masterpower gt45 turbo, csu carb. I was looking to keep my nitrous kit (plate kit) and use it for a small shot, No more than 100 shot. My question is, Do you have to raise the fuel pressure for the nitrous 1psi with every pound of boost? If so do you think a a1000 pump and a a2000 regulator (4 port) would be ok to run the carb and nitrous. Thanks for any help ..

2. ltd351

yeah you will have to raise the fuel press up with boost, not sure about the pump/reg stuff.

3. justa306

i thought i would have to raise the pressure. I may call Aeromotive and see what they say

4. TuffGT

If you use a wet system then you do not need to worry about any extra fuel pressure. The fuel and nitrous will mix in the plate before spraying into your motor. 8)

5. 90hatch

You must always rasie the fuel pressure no matter what set-up it is, unless you injecting into the inlet of the turbo/blower and not in a charge pipe/or intake tract.

You need the pressure to overcome the added air pressure in the charge pipe/intake, if you don't rasie the fuel pressure and say you run a plate/carb set-up.

6psi fuel on the nitrous fuel side.

say your running 15psi measured at the man.

No you have 15 psi fighting 6 psi who do you think is gunna win? you will actually start to push air into the fuel line. The nitrous flows on a seperat line and is more than enough psi to overcome, so its irreralvant.

6. 59rat

I agree with 90hatch, I run an F2 with nitrous. You have to raise fuel psi with boost psi for the nitrous. I know the A1000 is OK but I don't know your reg. Use the same reg. for both. Rod

7. justa306

the a2000 regulator has 4 outlets, so it should work fine. i guess i'll see how it goes.