Gumby's 83 GT Noisy Cricket

Discussion in 'Featured Turbocharged Cars and Trucks' started by TTF/Ken, Feb 12, 2013.

By TTF/Ken on Feb 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM
  1. TTF/Ken Staff Member

top.jpg
    Background: I got the car a few years ago from a friend of mine for a couple hundred bucks. It sat like a 4x4 with huge tires to match. it was a carbureted 4 speed car with the original 4 eyed front end. Which I would still have if it wasn't for a deer running out in front of me. After a few months and many hours and many different changes it became a fuel injected nitrous car, I have done all the work myself except the paint, tune, and chassis. After that it got the new motor and a T-trim, And now the turbo kit. I'll never go back turbo rules!!!! When I took the car to the track I ran it in full road race trim and 464rwhp/487rwtq on 9psi and 28psi in the tires I got a best of 11.64 @ 124 with a 2.25 60ft. and no 2 step at the time leaving off idle. I have since done a "RACE" tune with 105 gas and 16psi and made 602h.p. and 683 ft/lb to the tires on a dyno jet. the car still has lots in it. I drive the car everyday to and from work and on road trips for more than 5 hours at least once a month to pick up my kids. This is my daily driver

Best time as of 5-1-08: 11.64 @ 124, 17" DR
    602rwhp / 683 rwtq @ 16psi

Turbo System: PTK Gen 2, Precision 67mm hybrid turbo, Cartech turbo systems custom made 18x6x3.5 intercooler, 2 1/2 aluminum cold pipe, HKS BOV to atmosphere, TIAL 38mm waste gate. E-Boost2 electronic boost controller

Engine and Management System: Factory EFI, SCT chip SCT 2800 mass air meter, tuned by Triangle performance in orange TX. AEM wide band O2 and gauge. Sportsman Block 302 standard stroke standard bore eagle forged steel crank, Ultra light I beam rods and ultralight JE forged pistons 9.2:1 compression ratio

Induction and Fuel: AFR 185 heads(ferra valves AFM springs) 1.6/1.7 roller rockers, Comp off shelf cam .512 lift, TFS"R" intake. Aeromotive A1000 pump and fuel system with sump tank.

Ignition and Exhaust: MSD 6AL, MSD 2-step, MSD HVC2 coil, Motorsport wires. 3inch down pipe, 2 1/2 Y pipe, Magnaflow cat-back.

Transmission and rear: Tremec TKO, STEEDA Tri-Ax, Triangle Clutch kelvar custom clutch set up. $300 for clutch and pressure plate.

Front Suspension: D&D K-member, Granetelli 450# springs, STEEDA Sway Bar

Rear Suspension: Granettelli 250# Coil over spings, So-Tex Race Cars custom made Chromoloy upper and lower full adj. control arms, Pan-Hard Bar, STEEDA sway Bar

Tires and rims: 10th anniv. Cobra rims, 17x9 front and rear 275/40R17 front and 315/40R17 rear
    Body: '91 front clip, Harwood 2 1/2 cowl hood, Cobra wing, "Custom Rod Creations" custom paint,

Chassis: So-Tex Race Cars 2x2 through the floor sub-frames; torque boxes, and 6-point chromoly roll bar
    Other: SALEEN 'Brembo' front brakes, 98 cobra rear( BEAR eradi-speed rotors0 Hawk Pads front and rear. Full custom by me Autometer Dash.

Future plans: AOD is in the shop, reverse manual valve body, 2500 stall converter, electronic overdrive lock out.,, Weld Magnum 2.0 wheels

motor-with-intercooler.jpg SANY0127.jpg SANY0124.jpg SANY0134(1).jpg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'Featured Turbocharged Cars and Trucks' started by TTF/Ken, Feb 12, 2013.