1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Guages and thier routing ..

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by poni, Jun 9, 2003.

1. poni

Ok I have a 92 coupe and trying to finish up my install of my incon kit. I have 3 gauges in which I am going to hook up. 1 being the electric Fuel pressure gauge with isolator and the other 2 being mechanical boost and oil pressure gauges. Basically have 2 questions ..

1) Where should I hook up the gauges to get the best and most accurate readings???

2) Where did you all route the hoses ?? Did you stay with the autometer supplied plastic shit.. or did u upgrade to stainless steel ?

I figure that the fuel pressure should either be hooked up to the shreader valve or the kirban regulator .. but have no clue on the others.. for the best location ?

Any help is appreciated guys thanks :)

2. Snipe656

On the FP, I'd do it off the reg if it has the port for it. On the oil pressure I would run a steel braided line what I did on my car is I ordered a custom lengthed -3 AN NOS line, I ran it through the firwall over on the drivers side and I tapped into the stock oil pressure sending unit bar so I could retain the factory gauge and the new gauge. For the boost if I remember right I have it tapped into the back of my intake using some vacuum hose.