1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Bored/Stroked 460... Turbo selection?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by MoparFreak, May 9, 2007.

1. MoparFreak

Hey all! Been gone a LONG time but knew that I could come here with a question regarding my buddies build. He's got the motor/transmission in the truck, just needs intake, header/manifolds, turbos, and fuel system/ignition. It's a bored/stroked Ford 460 that's around 521 cubic inches if I remember right. He wanted me to do some research for what turbos would be best to throw on the truck. Supposedly on all motor, the engine makes around 600 hp and he's looking to run MAX 12 psi. The engine was built for a blower, but he wants turbos and very little turbo lag. I was thinking that this engine would do well with a set of HY35's or HX35's off a cummins. What's your input?

I'm still trying to convince him to run MegaSquirt but aint sure he's going for it, he's not sure what fuel system he'll be running either yet...

BTW, this engine is going into a 1962 Ford Single cab truck with an all wooden flatbed... :chacha:

Michael

2. workedmerk

I would put a single 88-92mm on it and drive happy. Maybe an S400 can be had for less then two used holsets.

3. MoparFreak

Care to specify a little bit? I'm only familiar with holsets, and some Garrets aswell as some Turbonetics turbos... but not much. Thanks!

Michael