1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Pushlocks for boost feed to wastegate.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Bte85nova, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Bte85nova

Was planning to use pushlocks for boost feed to the wastegate. A friend voiced a concern to me that the pushlocks are only good to 150 degrees and could fail but I see them on a lot of cars.
    What brand and size are you using? Please and thank you.

2. tbird

Ive ran them from mcmaster, race parts solutions, and some brand from summit. Havent had any issues in street\strips cars.
    Mcmaster is the cheapest I believe still with good quality. You dont want the hard white plastic tubing like the junk at the hardware store for water. Though I have used them. There is black tubing. Might be silicon. Maybe someone can fill in what it is.
    Otherwise, anything you get from race parts solutions will be performance application intended.

Bte85nova likes this.
  3. Disney Lincoln

Bte85nova likes this.
  4. Briansshop

I use ss braided, figure the least chance for failure.

Bte85nova likes this.
  5. Bad Medicine Racing

I use 1/4" air brake tubing from the parts store. Works mint.

Mnlx likes this.
  6. Monzsta

I've used black rubber tubing non silicone banded with either heat shrink or a small zip tie on the barb end. Never has one escape.

7. wht73

I'm a lil bit away from being ready to do this but what fittings do you use this with?
    Thanks

8. Disney Lincoln

Pushlock....

9. Bad Medicine Racing

Just basic plastic pushloc fittings. Nothing special.

10. Mnlx

Many different fittings to choose from.... most are either brass, or plastic. Here's just a quick search on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=push+to+connect+air+fittings&hvadid=176358278620&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1020003&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1o2&hvqmt=b&hvrand=325909814405407872&hvtargid=kwd-8098540413&tag=theturfor-20&ref=pd_sl_2514o8zei_b

11. turbo-6

I lost 2 engines to the push lock style I know everyone uses them with good results, but I now use copper tubing for the first 12 to 15 inches then push lock. My engine is an inline 6 and the wastegate is in the middle must be a little to hot, just keep an eye on the tubing.

12. TWIN T CHEVELLE

I have ran them for years. McMaster style and I have never had a failure. I got my Black hose from my local NAPA store. It is made of a heat resistant plastic of some sort. Bu then again I routed everything as far away from heat as possible.

13. nxcoupe

I use 1/4 inch steel tubing. Never melts or leaks. I had a guy on the dyno with this pushlock stuff and it melted the tube and was spiking boost on him. Luckily he stopped and we discovered the issue when we were taking the straps off.