1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

GT45 downpipe question

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by kainedogg, Nov 14, 2013.

1. kainedogg

I have a Chinese GT45 with an external exhaust diameter of 4". What size v-band would I need for this? I made the mistake of ordering a 4" vband by accident before the turbo came in and it measures almost 5" in diameter externally. :afro:

2. Xavier1320SVT

Are you sure its not a 3.5 exhaust diameter? I recall running into the same problem. Or possibly they sent you or you picked up the wrong one?

3. buwagone

Aren't the chinese turbo 3 1/4" V-band?

4. fastspec2

5. kainedogg

Thanks guys. With that said, I would in turn need a 3.25" pipe to weld to the outlet to complete the downpipe yes?

6. fastspec2

No, slightly puff a 3" pipe or use a cone to come down from 4". the flanges on ebay (at least the 2 I bought) were registered for a 4" pipe.

7. kainedogg

Roger that.