1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

GT45 Clone exhaust flange

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Bucky, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Bucky

What size is that flange? Does a regular v band connect to them? I just need to make a turnout for mine. 4" vband was too large.

2. Mnlx

3. Bucky

Well you made that easy! How about a modestly short turnout? What size piping is used with these? That's not exactly clear to me reading the description. I'm only looking for enough turnout that it would be difficult for rocks to get up into the blades. The tires are right behind the turbos, and having them turn out would also help direct oil out from onto the tires if that was ever an issue. It's out in the open, so polished would be nice.

4. Bucky

5. Bucky

Is aluminum advisable in these cases?

6. Mnlx

Some run aluminum. Most say you should have some thicker material right off the turbine, especially if it has a bend. The flanges I linked to are the only ones ive used, and used a 4" down pipe. Im guessing you'll have to fabricate if you want turn downs, especially in aluminium.

7. Bucky

Yep. Ordering a 4" 90 that I can cut in two. One for each side.
    Trying to figure out oil supply and drain fittings now. Will start a new thread.