1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

GT45 1.00 AR info needed

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by Mike1965, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Mike1965

2. Mike1965

A sb should be able to spin two of these on a twin set up no problem , have you ever used the 1.00

3. cat herder

That is not a GT45, at least not the same as the unit we're talking about here when we say "GT45". Those ebay guys just stick whatever name on them they think will grab the most eyeballs. There are even turbos out there that they call a "T70" just because the compressor cover is .70AR, but the turbo itself is actually a dinky little 51mm T3/T04E thing and in no way related to a T70.

When we say GT45 we mean 67/98 compressor, 88/77 turbine, 1.05AR.

4. Mike1965

I know that but that wasen't my question , i know this turbo is smaller and i know that the gt45 1.05 in a twin set up is to much turbo for my 355 sbc and would have to much lag so i was just asking if this turbo the gt45 / 1.00 would work with no lag for me .

5. DeboDaddy

I think you have lost the true reason for the ebay GT45 in all the number crunching. The reason the ebay GT45 is so popular is because it, like many other branded, expensive turbos, has been proven to be reliable and put up good numbers. With any other chinese ebay turbo, you are taking a much larger risk of the turbo itself being a dud and taking out your whole setup. I think you need to step back and ask yourself a question: Are you willing to be a guinea pig with a product that 7 year old asian boys may or may not have manufactured and/or assembled?

If you aren't willing to take that large of a risk, you need to either lower your power goals, or raise your budget.

6. cat herder

Yeah, I know, but there's been so many flame wars here about how much motor you need to spin two GT45s that surely, sooner or later, somebody trying to do the impossible would cite this thread - "but they said in that other thread twin GT45s would spool fine!!!!1111one"