1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

For Sale: GT42-76R

Discussion in 'Classifieds- TURBO RELATED PARTS' started by FastDriver, Apr 24, 2024.

1. FastDriver

Sadly, I've probably gotten about 5k miles out of the car since I first ordered this part via HP Performance Turbos in 2006. It made a best of 887 rwhp and had plenty left, but I had too light a spring and couldn't control the wastegate with my EBC. I've seen others make over 1k rwhp with this exact turbo. It spools very quickly on my 331 reaching full boost at less than 4k RPM, but for my combo, there are just better turbos out there, these days. My car's at the shop getting a restoration/paint & some refinement in the engine bay, including a turbo upgrade. There is NOTHING wrong with this turbo.

The specs I can remember are:
    - This is a GT4202R, which is the dual ball-bearing type.
    - Non-divided 1.15 A/R turbine housing, IIRC
    - Polished Compressor housing
    - Since they're referring to them by "gen" now, I presume it is a Gen 1.

This thing has a lot of different ways people refer to it: GT4202R 76, GT4276R, GT42R-76, PT7675 GT42R.

I've seen one or two listed for sale, and I don't know what to ask. Looks like the current version of this turbo is ~$3.5k new. I'll start at $1k asking. Open to offers

It is currently located in Salisbury, NC. I'm in Vass, NC. If you prefer a local pickup, either location will do. I prefer local pickup, but will consider shipping.

Here's an older pic of it in my engine bay. Sorry, I know it's a bad pic. As it's at the shop, it might be a while before I get better pics of it dismounted. Just figured I'd go ahead and list the ad.

Engine pic.jpg #ad

2. Wallace

T6 or T4 turbine housing?

3. FastDriver

That's important. Sorry, T4.