1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

GReddy Profec Boost Controller

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by vht, Sep 6, 2022.

1. vht

I bought this boost controller used for a good price, on a budget so it'll due for now. My question is, I have 2 new 3 port Mac valves, can you use them with this controller, 1 to the top of WG's and the other to the bottom to control boost better on top? I'll have 2 44 mm gates and will run a 7 or 8 lb spring. Just thought I could run higher boost levels this way and still run a smaller spring.

2. F4K

I like this config
    https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1843857-check-my-gate-plumbing.html#post19376512
    [​IMG]#ad

Your solenoids should work in theory but I've experienced some hit and miss with aftermarket solenoids on greddy controllers. Depends on the controller manufacture year maybe, newer seem to do better than older.

There are other ways to set up boost control but this is my preferred method because I've experienced the most consistent results with the least amount of trouble and headache over long periods of time. Keep the solenoid cool as possible is important. And I recommend use the boost signal from after the intercooler because the controller is open loop and as pre-intercooler density changes due to temperature your boost will fluctuate over time more if using the pre-intercooler as a signal.

3. F4K

4. vht

That's what I was thinking on 1 solenoid but I was wondering if using 2 solenoids with the Greddy would control boost better. It is the newer one, not the profec B Spec 2.

5. F4K

Adding unnecessary complexity is never better. Unwanted additional components to fail. Also there is some deviation in operation, you send the same signal to both but one is slightly different, slight difference in boost applied possible.

I wouldn't. Many have used 1 solenoid to run two gates, another
    https://www.theturboforums.com/thre...ed-for-boost-controller-on-twin-turbo.327487/

I've seen some controller use 2 solenoids , it depends on the controller. Need to read the manual compare current capacity with current draw I suppose. AEM for example I know can run 2 solenoids, wire in parallel. But this is often done using 2 solenoids 3-port to control 1 single wastegate for increased operating range, I am not sure about 2 gates separate control. I would not attempt it because I have a habit of keeping it simple. I'd rather adjust the spring rate or upgrade the solenoid or control strategy i.e. CO2 than start fooling with unwanted complexity and trying to re-invent a wheel.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  6. vht

Simple is good, I'll stick with the 1. Thanks for the input.