1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Great service from X2C

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by ShaneH, Apr 23, 2004.

1. ShaneH

For our 4v motor, Ed and I ordered one of X2C's distributor systems. Sent em a valve cover and distributor which arrived on a Tuesday. They mod'd the vc and distributor, and I had it sitting at my door on Friday. Unfortunately, it didn't fit! Ed and I did everything but beat on it with a sledge hammer all weekend and couldn't get it to work. So I called Mark back on Tuesday and he said send it in. Over the course of 2 days they tried my setup on 3 or 4 different heads(96, 99, 2003, etc which all worked) and talked on the phone with me at LEAST 642 times. Well it turns out that there are two different style Ford 0 ring gaskets for the valve covers and that seems to be the culprit. One gasket will crush down to basically no clearance between the vc and the head and the other(which Livernois motorsports had given to us) will only crush down to .080 to .100. Hats off to Mark and X2C for taking the time to go through the setup time and again to figure out why I was having trouble.

2. X2C Motorsports

You are very welcome!!:D

bridal-shoal