1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

quick holley help

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by turbo pontiac462, Jun 13, 2009.

1. turbo pontiac462

after sorting out some bugs i got my motor running again today. while breaking in the cam last week the motor never saw idle. had it at cam break-in rpm for 20 or so mins then my power steering pump froze up(??) anyway afr ratio was 12.4-12.5 at 2500,2000 and 1800. today i had her idling for the first time at about 900-1000 and afr was 10.5 was faintly puffing some black smoke. pulled the mix screws out about 1/4 turn an dit came up to 10.8 but still too fat. Im not sure where kevin (csu) set this but i didnt want to mess with his settings to much seeing i have been out of the holley tuning game for alittle while. any quick pointers? for starters tomorrow i am bumping timing. im only at about 17 right now. prob bump it to 22ish tomorrow. trying to play this safe. this is a 9.5:1 iron head pontiac with regular felpro 1016s. he has 69 jets in front with 81 rear. BRPVs and 35 front squirter 31 rear (and before someone says something for some reason pontiacs LOVE the bigger front shot)