1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

RaceCoupe/Hooptie - 2010 season is over - 5.10 @ 148

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Injected65, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Injected65

Well I figured since I got the car running I would share some pics.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

You can see some more pics and info here ..... http://www.candbmotorsports.com/racecoupe.htm

The car sounds great and seems to run well. As redneck as it sounds, it leaves some impressive blackmarks on the street ;). Without a wideband (and doors, sheet metal, common sense, etc..) I was hesitant to get on it for more than a second or two.

Later,

Chris

2. RI85GT

Pics of my hooptie

Hah Kickass Chris!

Bout damn time you got that thing powered. Looks killer :rockon:

Whats the Carb setup? Jet sizes and chit?

You might as well run off the entire configuration for us newbies ;)

Video?

3. outlaw ford

Pics of my hooptie

Thats Nice:D ..I want one..Yeah, I mean A car like that:D

4. SNYPER

Pics of my hooptie

Looks great man!!!!! Make a vid of it running.

5. Injected65

Pics of my hooptie

Bill - I imagine you have one...or two around Andy's shop that I would trade you for :)

Jon - Thanks man. Its been a long time coming. The website covers the hard parts. As for the carb, its a 750 DP with a Proform center. It has the Andrew mods with 85-99 jets and .026 high speed air bleeds. As soon as the cage work gets done and the car painted I will get it to the dyno in KC for some power and air fuel numbers. Right now, its a guess as to what jets it will want. I know that with just a few pedal stabs it makes 10+ psi of boost and with some 112 in the tank it hasn't blown up yet.

Snyper - I'll have to dig out the camcorder here in the next few days and get some video of it running. It sounds mean, I just hope it backs up the bark with some bite.

Thanks all,
    Chris

6. BAD INT

Pics of my hooptie

Bad Ass

7. Brent Davis

Pics of my hooptie

Yeah that does look great. I love those blowers too;). I saw Chris Evans go 8.30 at 170.50 yesterday with his F1R so I bet you will go 7's. Keep the updates coming too.

8. Tims86-9.80

Pics of my hooptie

That blower will treat you right. We had a long talk before I sent it back. LOL. The car looks great, I am sure it will run as good or better then it sounds. Nice job Chris.

P.S. Some brake clean will take that off LOL.

9. Jake

Pics of my hooptie

Looks awesome Chris! Get her finished!

10. eades5.0

Pics of my hooptie

Beautiful!

11. UJUSTLOST

Pics of my hooptie

WOW Chris, very nice job. Nice plumbing work, it looks super!!

12. BlownShovel

Pics of my hooptie

No Keep it. I need to break out the sharpie on my car.

Chris,
    Looking good. Can't wait for some numbers.
    Walt

13. Injected65

Pics of my hooptie

No need to take it off...yet. Its motivation. I tried to steal Jeremy's 7 second time slip too, but he wanted it for some reason :). Thanks for all the compliments everyone. It should be off to Steel Concepts Fabrication in KC soon for a new cage then my buddy Ryan Livengood is painting the car right after that. I hope to have some completed pictures by mid Dec. In the mean time I want to save up for a real block! Then I can try for the 7's.

Thanks,
    Chris

14. little2v

Pics of my hooptie

we need vids :)

15. Injected65

Pics of my hooptie

Yeah, i'll try and get some by the end of the week. I found the digicam now I just need to charge it up. Hopefully by the end of the week it will be back in the 60's and it wont be so cold. It gets chilly with no doors :cool:

Chris

16. little2v

Pics of my hooptie

It looks sexy... the tubing is similar to what I think I want to do, only with a smaller under the dash unit.

Funny how similar our motors are :)

17. Gary Putnam

Pics of my hooptie

Chris, you think it sounds redneck talking about black marks on the street. You should post a pic of the car looking the way it did when you drove it down York street. That would be no doors, no hood, no fenders, no trunklid, no bumpercover. That is redneck!!LOL..... Oh btw, did my truck leave any red neck stripe(s) on York? I tried!!!

And about the sharpie writing on the blower. I vote to leave it forever or intil it wears off. It's a statement of encouragement or block destruction.

Car looks great and is coming along nicely Chris. Thanks for the opportuntiy to help out a little. Can't wait to see it run next year.

18. little2v

Re: Pics of my hooptie

Get a chance for some vids? :poke:

19. Injected65

Unfortunately not. I have been in and out of bed sick since late Friday. Hopefully with a full nights rest tonight I can make it down to the shop and work tomorrow. I did however dig out the camcorder and charge up the batteries. I swear I will get some in the next few days :angel:

Chris

20. badbilly

great lookin ride. good luck. now i'll ask where's the vids?