1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Pic Request: B&G Turbo kit on 94-95 GT, having trouble

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Ready2BoostGT, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Ready2BoostGT

Pic Request: B&G Turbo kit on 94-95 GT, having trouble

I'm probably in the wrong section but I'm having a little trouble finishing the install of my turbo kit. :doh: Pictures of a fully finished setup on a stock 94 or 95 mustang gt would help a lot. It seems as though the ABS unit is in the way of both the hotside and coldside. I already removed the AC... they say you can keep it but it would have been extremely tight. I'm just at a standstill right now I wish they would have included some kind of instructions or detailed pictures

2. gotageta5oh

Re: Pic Request: BG CUSTOM TURBO Turbo kit on 94-95 GT, having trouble

I don't know exactly where they are but they have been posted. A little searching and you should find them.

How about some pics of what you are having problems with. Along with some basic details about your car.

3. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Hi Tom,
    What was the order name let me see what you have. Did you order by phone as this should have been pointed out to you before you ordered. It has to be moved due to the heat soak, people wouldn't move it and were having failures so we made sure they had to move it during the last revision.

Yes a/c can stay it is tight but does fit. The abs must be moved to underneath the frame rail or removed. When did you buy the kit we should have forward you a online manuel.
    Let me find you some people on here to check out.

4. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

This is the short list we go over one the phone.

Mods required to run kit:

1. 79-95 energy suspension motormounts.
    2. Remove the accumlator bracket and redrill or slot the holes to allow it to me moved towards the passside inner fenderwell (Bend lines by hand slowly)
    3. Bend the line from the condenser to the accumlator down.
    4.The abs must be moved to either the outside of the frame rail or under the frame rail. Lines may need to be added to if you mount further forward or further backwards. (If has abs)
    5. The smog pump must be removed.
    6. The lower radiator hose must be hardlined. We make the crossover interfear with this line on purpose! It must be hardlined or moved so it is atleast 2 inches away from the crossover.

7. The pinch rail infront of the strut tower needs to be bent in towards the motor slightly to get clearance for the lower bolts in the t-4 flange.
    8. Upper intake and passside valve cover needs to be removed for easy install of the dp.
    9. The egr on 94-95 must be blocked off.

These should give you some ideas if your having issues. Please call us tomarrow and we'll talk you through the install and get you hooked up with the online manuel.

https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=33432.0
    https://www.theturboforums.com/feature_cars/samp.php
    https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=95009.25

5. Ready2BoostGT

Yeah I figured I would just remove the ac anyway to counteract the weight of the turbo somewhat. So abs does need to be moved gotcha. Does the bracket holding the coolant reservoir have to be modified? I'm trying to get some pics up... maybe this weekend. Order name is Thomas Proyer. Haven't been able to call, working's killing me. Hopefully easrly next week I can give you a call. A picture of how the coldside is ran would be awesome.