1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Im new to the fourm and to turbos.

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by 935.0, Feb 16, 2009.

1. 935.0

Iv got a few guestions, Iv got a pritty much stock set up 306 c.i. stock block with some windsor j.r. 56 cc chambers. and a TFS stage 1 cam. should I go with a single or twin turbo set up? this car is going to be on the street more than the. Thanks thinks for the help !

2. turbofalcon65

Welcome to the site. It all depends on the budget and what kind of power goals you are looking for. :2thumbs:

3. furchaser

It has nothing to do with either, pure personal preference.
    How much money do you want to spend?

4. 935.0

well Im not looking to brake any world records I guess around 400 hp. righthnow Im working on a dart 331 with some AFR 185's. Im wanting to learn how to use and tune a turbo set up on the motor Iv got so I wont blow the dart block.

5. furchaser

List exactly what you have right now.
    Then list your goals.
    You can make twins or a single suit your needs just fine.
    edit: I'll make this clear ,
    standard/automatic ?
    rear gears ?
    rpm preference ?
    weight ?
    tire size ?

6. 935.0

Iv got a 91 ford roller block .30 over forged pistones total seal rings forged crank world proudcts windsor jr's 24# injucters 70mm maf and tb, and a 255# fuel pump t-5 transmission and a 8.8 with 3.73 gears.I guess Im looking for around 400 hp.on the stock block. That is what i have right now I want to beable to turn the boost up when I get my new engine in.

7. Tgbstang90

In my opinion...I would do the single turbo setup. Less piping under the hood so therefore you can perform most routine maintenance such as spark plugs, oil changes, alternator replacement, or water pump replacement without alot of hassle of piping or turbo parts bring in the way. Acheiving the 400hp mark is really to easy with your combo....might upgrade the fuel system a little better to accomodate the extra power that the turbo WILL deliver.